Thu, Sep 07|
VOICE TO TEXT: Writers.com 6 Week Workshop
This is my inaugural class with Writers.com! Oral storytelling is the original literary art, and it can take us out of our heads and into the heart of our stories. In this course, we’ll learn to use the power of our own speech to create captivating written nonfiction.
Time & Location
Sep 07, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM EDT
About the event
In this class, you will:
- Learn how to use the techniques of spoken storytelling to craft powerful written nonfiction pieces.
- Develop your unique voice as a storyteller.
- Learn to focus your stories on the elements that make them memorable, powerful, and emotional for audiences of all kinds.
- Learn how to find the spine of your true stores.
- Learn how to apply the SUCCESS principles to make your true stories sticky.
- Learn to be present when telling a story and to play off of and audience’s reactions.